Yes, the entire plane is constructed of carbon fiber.One Winged Junkie wrote:For someone such as myself that is only familiar with wood and fabric, can you explain what this picture I am seeing is exactly? It this all carbon fiber?
- by JohnnyDil Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:59 am 17 year old boy escapes 737 View the latest post Replies 2 Views 772
- by youngman1 Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:41 am Whirlwind propeller shake View the latest post Replies 13 Views 1812
- by youngman1 Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:40 am Laser Z-200 Wing Repair Project View the latest post Replies 1 Views 359
- by One Winged Junkie Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:21 pm C90 crash KRFD, 4 seriously injured View the latest post Replies 1 Views 466
- by MonoPlaneForum Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:36 am FS: YAK-55 SIGHTING DEVICES View the latest post Replies 1 Views 482
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:47 am FS: BLADES FOR THE YAK View the latest post Replies 1 Views 498
Search found 6 matches
Search found 6 matches • Page 1 of 1
Dave, I bought it back late 2009 and just got lucky finding one that was complete (all the parts) but mostly unfinished. One evening I was at a friends helping him with his Berkute project thinking "Man I would really would like a Giles" but I had searched a few years earlier with no success. That n...
Work that I have completed includes closing the second aileron and both wings (added a smoke oil tank to the right wing). The wings bushings and mounts have been installed setting the incidence and dihedral and now I am working on the fuselage. The kit was 'complete' when I bough it and, so far I ha...
There seems to be some interest in seeing my progress, or possibly watching my pain, as I slowly work on my project. I was lucky enough to find a mostly unfinished kit (the horizontal stabilizer, elevators and one aileron were closed) and the work that was done was structurally sound. Here are some ...
- Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:01 pm
- Forum: Giles 202
- Topic: Giles Constructed with Mods
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1646
I don't think it is necessary for the work to be done during the build. The modification that Eric (BullyAero) has developed can be done just as well on a finished airplane. Once we see the accident report it may be that the modification is not necessary but I do know it addresses what I see as a we...
I am currently building a 202 and would be happy to post some photos of the progress if anyone would be interested. Most are pretty boring (ex. I am installing the pilot foot rests right now) but I would be happy to share if there is interest.