Yes, the entire plane is constructed of carbon fiber.One Winged Junkie wrote:For someone such as myself that is only familiar with wood and fabric, can you explain what this picture I am seeing is exactly? It this all carbon fiber?
- by One Winged Junkie Tue May 22, 2018 3:54 pm Gulfstream G200 TGU/MHTG, Honduras5/22/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 8
- by One Winged Junkie Fri May 18, 2018 10:09 am FS: LYCOMING IO-540K-1A5D IN CRATE • $17,500 View the latest post Replies 3 Views 1014
- by One Winged Junkie Tue May 08, 2018 1:19 pm PC-12 in the swamp - São Paulo - Brazil - 5/1/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 61
- by One Winged Junkie Tue May 08, 2018 1:15 pm Citabria - Andover-Aeroflex (12N) - 4/24/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 56
- by One Winged Junkie Sun May 06, 2018 5:50 pm FS: 1999 Yak 52W "AV8OR" View the latest post Replies 1 Views 691
- by One Winged Junkie Thu May 03, 2018 7:37 am C-130 - Savannah, GA View the latest post Replies 1 Views 840
Search found 6 matches
Search found 6 matches • Page 1 of 1
Dave, I bought it back late 2009 and just got lucky finding one that was complete (all the parts) but mostly unfinished. One evening I was at a friends helping him with his Berkute project thinking "Man I would really would like a Giles" but I had searched a few years earlier with no success. That n...
Work that I have completed includes closing the second aileron and both wings (added a smoke oil tank to the right wing). The wings bushings and mounts have been installed setting the incidence and dihedral and now I am working on the fuselage. The kit was 'complete' when I bough it and, so far I ha...
There seems to be some interest in seeing my progress, or possibly watching my pain, as I slowly work on my project. I was lucky enough to find a mostly unfinished kit (the horizontal stabilizer, elevators and one aileron were closed) and the work that was done was structurally sound. Here are some ...
- Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:01 pm
- Forum: Giles 202
- Topic: Giles Constructed with Mods
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2255
I don't think it is necessary for the work to be done during the build. The modification that Eric (BullyAero) has developed can be done just as well on a finished airplane. Once we see the accident report it may be that the modification is not necessary but I do know it addresses what I see as a we...
I am currently building a 202 and would be happy to post some photos of the progress if anyone would be interested. Most are pretty boring (ex. I am installing the pilot foot rests right now) but I would be happy to share if there is interest.