Yes, the entire plane is constructed of carbon fiber.One Winged Junkie wrote:For someone such as myself that is only familiar with wood and fabric, can you explain what this picture I am seeing is exactly? It this all carbon fiber?
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:46 am FS: One Design DR107 - $47,500 - 5/14/17 View the latest post Replies 3 Views 1108
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:56 am FS:YAK 52TW View the latest post Replies 1 Views 27
- by One Winged Junkie Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:52 pm Yakovlev Yak-130 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 48
- by One Winged Junkie Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:42 pm FS: IO540K1B5 $9,500 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 43
- by One Winged Junkie Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:41 pm FS: LYCOMING IO540 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 43
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:34 am FS: YAK 11 PARTS View the latest post Replies 1 Views 85
Search found 6 matches
Search found 6 matches • Page 1 of 1
Dave, I bought it back late 2009 and just got lucky finding one that was complete (all the parts) but mostly unfinished. One evening I was at a friends helping him with his Berkute project thinking "Man I would really would like a Giles" but I had searched a few years earlier with no success. That n...
Work that I have completed includes closing the second aileron and both wings (added a smoke oil tank to the right wing). The wings bushings and mounts have been installed setting the incidence and dihedral and now I am working on the fuselage. The kit was 'complete' when I bough it and, so far I ha...
There seems to be some interest in seeing my progress, or possibly watching my pain, as I slowly work on my project. I was lucky enough to find a mostly unfinished kit (the horizontal stabilizer, elevators and one aileron were closed) and the work that was done was structurally sound. Here are some ...
- Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:01 pm
- Forum: Giles 202
- Topic: Giles Constructed with Mods
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2110
I don't think it is necessary for the work to be done during the build. The modification that Eric (BullyAero) has developed can be done just as well on a finished airplane. Once we see the accident report it may be that the modification is not necessary but I do know it addresses what I see as a we...
I am currently building a 202 and would be happy to post some photos of the progress if anyone would be interested. Most are pretty boring (ex. I am installing the pilot foot rests right now) but I would be happy to share if there is interest.