Yes, the entire plane is constructed of carbon fiber.One Winged Junkie wrote:For someone such as myself that is only familiar with wood and fabric, can you explain what this picture I am seeing is exactly? It this all carbon fiber?
- by drewhbennett10 Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:17 am SR-300 - Aircraft Plans - Ray Mort - AVT Engineering View the latest post Replies 1 Views 36
- by One Winged Junkie Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:15 pm FS: LUSCOMBE 8E/F View the latest post Replies 1 Views 120
- by One Winged Junkie Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:34 pm A340 on fire - Frankfurt - 6/11/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 126
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:02 am CE: 421B - 6/5/18 - (MYER), South Eleuthera, Bahamas View the latest post Replies 1 Views 130
- by mbouwser23 Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:26 am One Design Located in NC View the latest post Replies 1 Views 136
- by Upsidedown Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:15 pm Whirlwind propeller shake View the latest post Replies 14 Views 5693
Search found 6 matches
Search found 6 matches • Page 1 of 1
Dave, I bought it back late 2009 and just got lucky finding one that was complete (all the parts) but mostly unfinished. One evening I was at a friends helping him with his Berkute project thinking "Man I would really would like a Giles" but I had searched a few years earlier with no success. That n...
Work that I have completed includes closing the second aileron and both wings (added a smoke oil tank to the right wing). The wings bushings and mounts have been installed setting the incidence and dihedral and now I am working on the fuselage. The kit was 'complete' when I bough it and, so far I ha...
There seems to be some interest in seeing my progress, or possibly watching my pain, as I slowly work on my project. I was lucky enough to find a mostly unfinished kit (the horizontal stabilizer, elevators and one aileron were closed) and the work that was done was structurally sound. Here are some ...
- Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:01 pm
- Forum: Giles 202
- Topic: Giles Constructed with Mods
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2427
I don't think it is necessary for the work to be done during the build. The modification that Eric (BullyAero) has developed can be done just as well on a finished airplane. Once we see the accident report it may be that the modification is not necessary but I do know it addresses what I see as a we...
I am currently building a 202 and would be happy to post some photos of the progress if anyone would be interested. Most are pretty boring (ex. I am installing the pilot foot rests right now) but I would be happy to share if there is interest.