- by Chris Thomas 28 Aug 2018 13:33 One Design View the latest post Replies 12 Views 6655
- by One Winged Junkie 11 Aug 2018 09:09 Horizon employee steals Q400 and does aerobatics View the latest post Replies 1 Views 396
- by One Winged Junkie 10 Aug 2018 13:54 Alliance Air Falcon 20 - (TX Operator) Querétaro Airport (QRO/MMQT) View the latest post Replies 1 Views 415
- by SHIPCHIEF 22 Jul 2018 18:27 M9F Magneto View the latest post Replies 5 Views 621
- by One Winged Junkie 22 Jul 2018 17:54 Convair 340 Pretoria S.Africa, 19 Injured, 1 Fatal 7/10/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 461
- by One Winged Junkie 19 Jul 2018 08:11 Another crash with Dean Aviation 4 fatal - Miami View the latest post Replies 1 Views 475
Search found 5 matches
Search found 5 matches • Page 1 of 1
Thanks Mark. Several have made the good point that it's much harder to find a bank willing to finance an experimental airplane vs. a certified airplane. I've seen this when trying to sell my experimental Pitts - some buyers immediately go away when they find out its experimental. That would shrink t...
I'd like to start a thread on mods for the venerable 300S - both experimental and certified. Hopefully those of us with certified versions can swap approved 337's. My 300S has no mods but will probably swap the battery for the Odyssey SBS J16 this winter. I have approved 337s from other airplanes. T...
I have a certified 300S and have noticed that serial number around mine converted to experimental. I know its a small market so stats are hard to come by, but what are thoughts on resell value of experimental vs certified? It supposedly eliminates international buyers.
What all has to change to swap a 540 to a 580 in a 300S? Does it fit in the original cowling? Different motor mounts? Has anyone done this on a 337 and kept the 300S certified? I have an L1B5D with the dreaded death mag. If converting it to the dual mags is going to cost me an arm and leg I might ju...
- 25 Sep 2016 21:27
- Forum: Traditional Engines
- Topic: Little oil in filter during change
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1630
I changed my filter for the first time on my AEIO-540 on my Extra at 50 hours. No oil leaked out as I unscrewed it, and there was little oil in the filter itself. Maybe a shot glass amount of oil. I had drained the oil over 48 hours prior to removing the filter, and the filter sits in the horizontal...