I changed my filter for the first time on my AEIO-540 on my Extra at 50 hours. No oil leaked out as I unscrewed it, and there was little oil in the filter itself. Maybe a shot glass amount of oil. I had drained the oil over 48 hours prior to removing the filter, and the filter sits in the horizontal position at level flight.
Should I be concerned? I've never seen this before - usually oil gushes out when remove a filter and it's usually full of oil.
- by Upsidedown Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:07 am Whirlwind propeller shake View the latest post Replies 16 Views 6168
- by davevon Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:42 pm LASER IAS View the latest post Replies 3 Views 1615
- by drewhbennett10 Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:17 am SR-300 - Aircraft Plans - Ray Mort - AVT Engineering View the latest post Replies 1 Views 95
- by One Winged Junkie Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:15 pm FS: LUSCOMBE 8E/F View the latest post Replies 1 Views 320
- by One Winged Junkie Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:34 pm A340 on fire - Frankfurt - 6/11/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 316
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:02 am CE: 421B - 6/5/18 - (MYER), South Eleuthera, Bahamas View the latest post Replies 1 Views 322
Lycoming, Continental, etc.