I changed my filter for the first time on my AEIO-540 on my Extra at 50 hours. No oil leaked out as I unscrewed it, and there was little oil in the filter itself. Maybe a shot glass amount of oil. I had drained the oil over 48 hours prior to removing the filter, and the filter sits in the horizontal position at level flight.
Should I be concerned? I've never seen this before - usually oil gushes out when remove a filter and it's usually full of oil.
- by Upsidedown Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:08 pm Whirlwind propeller shake View the latest post Replies 12 Views 737
- by One Winged Junkie Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:21 pm C90 crash KRFD, 4 seriously injured View the latest post Replies 1 Views 35
- by MonoPlaneForum Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:36 am FS: YAK-55 SIGHTING DEVICES View the latest post Replies 1 Views 38
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:47 am FS: BLADES FOR THE YAK View the latest post Replies 1 Views 46
- by MonoPlaneForum Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:30 pm FS: YAKOVLEV YAK 52 $8500 (Crashed) 11/27/17 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 58
- by Laser200 Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:14 pm LASER IAS View the latest post Replies 2 Views 394
Lycoming, Continental, etc.