I changed my filter for the first time on my AEIO-540 on my Extra at 50 hours. No oil leaked out as I unscrewed it, and there was little oil in the filter itself. Maybe a shot glass amount of oil. I had drained the oil over 48 hours prior to removing the filter, and the filter sits in the horizontal position at level flight.
Should I be concerned? I've never seen this before - usually oil gushes out when remove a filter and it's usually full of oil.
- by MonoPlaneForum Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:19 am Spammers View the latest post Replies 1 Views 3
- by SHIPCHIEF Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:04 am Laser 200 not covered by falcon insurance? View the latest post Replies 2 Views 18
- by SHIPCHIEF Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:34 pm IAC competition in YAK-55 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 13
- by maja123 Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:26 am Little oil in filter during change View the latest post Replies 2 Views 805
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:03 pm Generator upgrade View the latest post Replies 2 Views 71
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:22 pm Dash cam footage - Texas, usa Cessna 152/172? 8/1/17 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 48
Lycoming, Continental, etc.