I changed my filter for the first time on my AEIO-540 on my Extra at 50 hours. No oil leaked out as I unscrewed it, and there was little oil in the filter itself. Maybe a shot glass amount of oil. I had drained the oil over 48 hours prior to removing the filter, and the filter sits in the horizontal position at level flight.
Should I be concerned? I've never seen this before - usually oil gushes out when remove a filter and it's usually full of oil.
- by Yakass55 15 Nov 2018 16:38 Paging shipchief View the latest post Replies 4 Views 236
- by One Winged Junkie 14 Nov 2018 23:00 “I’m about to die” - BE58 drops 8000 feet in ice, damaged View the latest post Replies 1 Views 15
- by Wedgero 31 Oct 2018 09:53 Laser 200 not covered by falcon insurance? View the latest post Replies 3 Views 1378
- by One Winged Junkie 28 Sep 2018 10:44 Cirrus Hand Prop Gone Wrong - Iowa - 9/18/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 345
- by Chris Thomas 28 Aug 2018 13:33 One Design View the latest post Replies 12 Views 7611
- by One Winged Junkie 11 Aug 2018 09:09 Horizon employee steals Q400 and does aerobatics View the latest post Replies 1 Views 907
Lycoming, Continental, etc.