What all has to change to swap a 540 to a 580 in a 300S? Does it fit in the original cowling? Different motor mounts?
Has anyone done this on a 337 and kept the 300S certified?
I have an L1B5D with the dreaded death mag. If converting it to the dual mags is going to cost me an arm and leg I might just swap it for a 580.
- by One Winged Junkie 14 Nov 2018 23:00 “I’m about to die” - BE58 drops 8000 feet in ice, damaged View the latest post Replies 1 Views 6
- by SHIPCHIEF 04 Nov 2018 13:17 Paging shipchief View the latest post Replies 3 Views 211
- by Wedgero 31 Oct 2018 09:53 Laser 200 not covered by falcon insurance? View the latest post Replies 3 Views 1364
- by One Winged Junkie 28 Sep 2018 10:44 Cirrus Hand Prop Gone Wrong - Iowa - 9/18/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 322
- by Chris Thomas 28 Aug 2018 13:33 One Design View the latest post Replies 12 Views 7590
- by One Winged Junkie 11 Aug 2018 09:09 Horizon employee steals Q400 and does aerobatics View the latest post Replies 1 Views 882
Established in the 1980's as Extra Flugzeugbau in Germany by Walter Extra.
Our 300S has been converted to the 580 and we have the original cowling. As far as I can tell the engine mount is the same, but I don´t know any details as the conversion was done long ago by the previous owner.