What all has to change to swap a 540 to a 580 in a 300S? Does it fit in the original cowling? Different motor mounts?
Has anyone done this on a 337 and kept the 300S certified?
I have an L1B5D with the dreaded death mag. If converting it to the dual mags is going to cost me an arm and leg I might just swap it for a 580.
- by Chris Thomas 28 Aug 2018 13:33 One Design View the latest post Replies 12 Views 6732
- by One Winged Junkie 11 Aug 2018 09:09 Horizon employee steals Q400 and does aerobatics View the latest post Replies 1 Views 432
- by One Winged Junkie 10 Aug 2018 13:54 Alliance Air Falcon 20 - (TX Operator) Querétaro Airport (QRO/MMQT) View the latest post Replies 1 Views 449
- by SHIPCHIEF 22 Jul 2018 18:27 M9F Magneto View the latest post Replies 5 Views 656
- by One Winged Junkie 22 Jul 2018 17:54 Convair 340 Pretoria S.Africa, 19 Injured, 1 Fatal 7/10/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 491
- by One Winged Junkie 19 Jul 2018 08:11 Another crash with Dean Aviation 4 fatal - Miami View the latest post Replies 1 Views 510
Established in the 1980's as Extra Flugzeugbau in Germany by Walter Extra.
Our 300S has been converted to the 580 and we have the original cowling. As far as I can tell the engine mount is the same, but I don´t know any details as the conversion was done long ago by the previous owner.