What all has to change to swap a 540 to a 580 in a 300S? Does it fit in the original cowling? Different motor mounts?
Has anyone done this on a 337 and kept the 300S certified?
I have an L1B5D with the dreaded death mag. If converting it to the dual mags is going to cost me an arm and leg I might just swap it for a 580.
- by Yakass55 13 Oct 2018 15:23 Paging shipchief View the latest post Replies 2 Views 60
- by One Winged Junkie 28 Sep 2018 10:44 Cirrus Hand Prop Gone Wrong - Iowa - 9/18/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 177
- by Chris Thomas 28 Aug 2018 13:33 One Design View the latest post Replies 12 Views 7207
- by One Winged Junkie 11 Aug 2018 09:09 Horizon employee steals Q400 and does aerobatics View the latest post Replies 1 Views 685
- by One Winged Junkie 10 Aug 2018 13:54 Alliance Air Falcon 20 - (TX Operator) Querétaro Airport (QRO/MMQT) View the latest post Replies 1 Views 702
- by SHIPCHIEF 22 Jul 2018 18:27 M9F Magneto View the latest post Replies 5 Views 943
Established in the 1980's as Extra Flugzeugbau in Germany by Walter Extra.
Our 300S has been converted to the 580 and we have the original cowling. As far as I can tell the engine mount is the same, but I don´t know any details as the conversion was done long ago by the previous owner.