What all has to change to swap a 540 to a 580 in a 300S? Does it fit in the original cowling? Different motor mounts?
Has anyone done this on a 337 and kept the 300S certified?
I have an L1B5D with the dreaded death mag. If converting it to the dual mags is going to cost me an arm and leg I might just swap it for a 580.
- by Upsidedown Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:07 am Whirlwind propeller shake View the latest post Replies 16 Views 6373
- by davevon Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:42 pm LASER IAS View the latest post Replies 3 Views 1631
- by drewhbennett10 Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:17 am SR-300 - Aircraft Plans - Ray Mort - AVT Engineering View the latest post Replies 1 Views 99
- by One Winged Junkie Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:15 pm FS: LUSCOMBE 8E/F View the latest post Replies 1 Views 464
- by One Winged Junkie Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:34 pm A340 on fire - Frankfurt - 6/11/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 459
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:02 am CE: 421B - 6/5/18 - (MYER), South Eleuthera, Bahamas View the latest post Replies 1 Views 467
Established in the 1980's as Extra Flugzeugbau in Germany by Walter Extra.
Our 300S has been converted to the 580 and we have the original cowling. As far as I can tell the engine mount is the same, but I don´t know any details as the conversion was done long ago by the previous owner.