Time: 09:40 LT
Owner/operator: Russian Air Force / Krasnodar Higher Aviation school
C/n / msn:
Fatalities: Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 2
Other fatalities: 0
Airplane damage: Written off (damaged beyond repair)
Location: Near Borisoglebsk in Voronezh Region - Russia
Phase: En route
Departure airport: Borisoglebsk East AFB (XUOB)
Destination airport: Borisoglebsk East AFB (XUOB)
The military trainer jet crashed after a technical malfunction during a training flight. Both pilots ejected safely.
A Russian military Yakovlev Yak-130 jet has crashed in eastern Russia, 600 kilometers from Moscow. No casualties have been reported, according to Russian Defense Ministry.
On Thursday morning, the plane – known under NATO classification as Mitten – went down during a training flight in the city of Borisoglebsk in Voronezh Region, eastern Russia. Both pilots ejected after noticing a mid-flight malfunction and landed safely.
The plane crashed in a deserted location and no damage was reported. The jet belongs to the training base of the Krasnodar Higher Military Aviation School.
https://news.rambler.ru/troops/39597716 ... -130-dose/
http://vestivrn.ru/novosti/ochevidtsyi- ... 4-12_16-35
- by Yakass55 13 Oct 2018 15:23 Paging shipchief View the latest post Replies 2 Views 31
- by One Winged Junkie 28 Sep 2018 10:44 Cirrus Hand Prop Gone Wrong - Iowa - 9/18/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 122
- by Chris Thomas 28 Aug 2018 13:33 One Design View the latest post Replies 12 Views 7145
- by One Winged Junkie 11 Aug 2018 09:09 Horizon employee steals Q400 and does aerobatics View the latest post Replies 1 Views 632
- by One Winged Junkie 10 Aug 2018 13:54 Alliance Air Falcon 20 - (TX Operator) Querétaro Airport (QRO/MMQT) View the latest post Replies 1 Views 660
- by SHIPCHIEF 22 Jul 2018 18:27 M9F Magneto View the latest post Replies 5 Views 885
The National Transportation Safety Board is an independent Federal agency charged by Congress with investigating every civil aviation accident the United States. The NTSB determines the probable cause of the accidents and issues safety recommendations aimed at preventing future accidents. In addition, the NTSB carries out special studies concerning transportation safety and coordinates the resources of the Federal Government and other organizations to provide assistance to victims and their family members impacted by major transportation disasters.