https://www.yahoo.com/news/missing-mede ... 41352.html
DAKAR (Reuters) - A Senegal-bound medical evacuation plane with seven people aboard appears to have collided with a much larger Boeing plane shortly before vanishing from radar screens, Senegal's aviation authority said.
The private Senegalair plane was carrying a French patient as well as a doctor, two nurses and three crew members from Burkina Faso's capital Ouagadougou to Senegal's Dakar on Saturday night. But it overshot the coastal capital by more than 100 km (60 miles) and then vanished above the Atlantic Ocean.
Search and rescue efforts continued on Monday.
"According to initial information, there was a collision between two aircrafts and we are seeking to either confirm or to rule this out with the technical investigation," said the director general of Senegalese civil aviation authority ANACIM, Magueye Marame Ndao, in a statement.
At 1813 GMT on Saturday, about an hour before vanishing, the medevac plane crossed paths with a Boeing B737 800 operated by Ceiba International Airlines about 555 km from Dakar, the statement added.
The Ceiba flight, originally due to fly from Dakar to Benin's capital Cotonou, later landed in Malabo in Equatorial Guinea where the airline is based. Ceiba was not immediately available for comment.
Among the other passengers on board the plane were two Algerians and a citizen of Congo, the aviation authority previously said, without specifying if that meant Democratic Republic of Congo or Republic of Congo.
(Reporting by Diadie Ba, Writing by Emma Farge, Editing by Angus MacSwan)
- by One Winged Junkie Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:15 pm FS: LUSCOMBE 8E/F View the latest post Replies 1 Views 28
- by One Winged Junkie Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:34 pm A340 on fire - Frankfurt - 6/11/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 27
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:02 am CE: 421B - 6/5/18 - (MYER), South Eleuthera, Bahamas View the latest post Replies 1 Views 31
- by mbouwser23 Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:26 am One Design Located in NC View the latest post Replies 1 Views 41
- by Upsidedown Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:15 pm Whirlwind propeller shake View the latest post Replies 14 Views 5381
- by SHIPCHIEF Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:27 pm IAC competition in YAK-55 View the latest post Replies 3 Views 1382
The National Transportation Safety Board is an independent Federal agency charged by Congress with investigating every civil aviation accident the United States. The NTSB determines the probable cause of the accidents and issues safety recommendations aimed at preventing future accidents. In addition, the NTSB carries out special studies concerning transportation safety and coordinates the resources of the Federal Government and other organizations to provide assistance to victims and their family members impacted by major transportation disasters.