http://www.reuters.com/article/us-turke ... BW2Q1?il=0
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... d-11216412
ANKARA (Reuters) - Istanbul’s main Ataturk airport was reopened to traffic on Thursday after a private jet crashed on the runway, causing authorities to suspend flights, the head of Turkish Airlines said on Twitter.
The jet, registered as TC-KON, crashed after reporting a malfunction as it was taking off, the state-run news agency Anadolu said. The flight was heading to the Ercan airport in northern Cyprus, Anadolu reported.
Police said the jet’s two pilots, a cabin crew member and a passenger were slightly injured in the crash.
The jet’s rear end was detached from the aircraft, with emergency teams and firefighters at the crash site, images from a Reuters photographer on the scene showed.
The jet had briefly burst into flames after crashing, causing traffic at the airport to be suspended, Anadolu said.
Turkish Airlines Chief Executive Bilal Eksi said both runways at the airport were now operational.
- by JohnnyDil Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:59 am 17 year old boy escapes 737 View the latest post Replies 2 Views 566
- by youngman1 Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:41 am Whirlwind propeller shake View the latest post Replies 13 Views 1395
- by youngman1 Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:40 am Laser Z-200 Wing Repair Project View the latest post Replies 1 Views 198
- by One Winged Junkie Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:21 pm C90 crash KRFD, 4 seriously injured View the latest post Replies 1 Views 323
- by MonoPlaneForum Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:36 am FS: YAK-55 SIGHTING DEVICES View the latest post Replies 1 Views 313
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:47 am FS: BLADES FOR THE YAK View the latest post Replies 1 Views 323
The National Transportation Safety Board is an independent Federal agency charged by Congress with investigating every civil aviation accident the United States. The NTSB determines the probable cause of the accidents and issues safety recommendations aimed at preventing future accidents. In addition, the NTSB carries out special studies concerning transportation safety and coordinates the resources of the Federal Government and other organizations to provide assistance to victims and their family members impacted by major transportation disasters.
- monoplaneforum111.JPG (21.78 KiB) Viewed 218 times
- monoplaneforum12.jpg (30.49 KiB) Viewed 218 times
- monoplaneforum4.jpg (26.79 KiB) Viewed 218 times
- monoplaneforum3.jpg (39.59 KiB) Viewed 218 times
- monoplaneforum2.jpg (27.3 KiB) Viewed 218 times
- monoplaneforum1.jpg (42.15 KiB) Viewed 218 times
- monoplaneforum.jpg (77.07 KiB) Viewed 218 times