http://www.reuters.com/article/us-turke ... BW2Q1?il=0
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... d-11216412
ANKARA (Reuters) - Istanbul’s main Ataturk airport was reopened to traffic on Thursday after a private jet crashed on the runway, causing authorities to suspend flights, the head of Turkish Airlines said on Twitter.
The jet, registered as TC-KON, crashed after reporting a malfunction as it was taking off, the state-run news agency Anadolu said. The flight was heading to the Ercan airport in northern Cyprus, Anadolu reported.
Police said the jet’s two pilots, a cabin crew member and a passenger were slightly injured in the crash.
The jet’s rear end was detached from the aircraft, with emergency teams and firefighters at the crash site, images from a Reuters photographer on the scene showed.
The jet had briefly burst into flames after crashing, causing traffic at the airport to be suspended, Anadolu said.
Turkish Airlines Chief Executive Bilal Eksi said both runways at the airport were now operational.
- by Upsidedown Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:07 am Whirlwind propeller shake View the latest post Replies 16 Views 6252
- by davevon Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:42 pm LASER IAS View the latest post Replies 3 Views 1623
- by drewhbennett10 Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:17 am SR-300 - Aircraft Plans - Ray Mort - AVT Engineering View the latest post Replies 1 Views 97
- by One Winged Junkie Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:15 pm FS: LUSCOMBE 8E/F View the latest post Replies 1 Views 371
- by One Winged Junkie Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:34 pm A340 on fire - Frankfurt - 6/11/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 364
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:02 am CE: 421B - 6/5/18 - (MYER), South Eleuthera, Bahamas View the latest post Replies 1 Views 372
The National Transportation Safety Board is an independent Federal agency charged by Congress with investigating every civil aviation accident the United States. The NTSB determines the probable cause of the accidents and issues safety recommendations aimed at preventing future accidents. In addition, the NTSB carries out special studies concerning transportation safety and coordinates the resources of the Federal Government and other organizations to provide assistance to victims and their family members impacted by major transportation disasters.
- monoplaneforum111.JPG (21.78 KiB) Viewed 839 times
- monoplaneforum12.jpg (30.49 KiB) Viewed 839 times
- monoplaneforum4.jpg (26.79 KiB) Viewed 839 times
- monoplaneforum3.jpg (39.59 KiB) Viewed 839 times
- monoplaneforum2.jpg (27.3 KiB) Viewed 839 times
- monoplaneforum1.jpg (42.15 KiB) Viewed 839 times
- monoplaneforum.jpg (77.07 KiB) Viewed 839 times