http://www.reuters.com/article/us-turke ... BW2Q1?il=0
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... d-11216412
ANKARA (Reuters) - Istanbul’s main Ataturk airport was reopened to traffic on Thursday after a private jet crashed on the runway, causing authorities to suspend flights, the head of Turkish Airlines said on Twitter.
The jet, registered as TC-KON, crashed after reporting a malfunction as it was taking off, the state-run news agency Anadolu said. The flight was heading to the Ercan airport in northern Cyprus, Anadolu reported.
Police said the jet’s two pilots, a cabin crew member and a passenger were slightly injured in the crash.
The jet’s rear end was detached from the aircraft, with emergency teams and firefighters at the crash site, images from a Reuters photographer on the scene showed.
The jet had briefly burst into flames after crashing, causing traffic at the airport to be suspended, Anadolu said.
Turkish Airlines Chief Executive Bilal Eksi said both runways at the airport were now operational.
- by SHIPCHIEF 04 Nov 2018 13:17 Paging shipchief View the latest post Replies 3 Views 203
- by Wedgero 31 Oct 2018 09:53 Laser 200 not covered by falcon insurance? View the latest post Replies 3 Views 1357
- by One Winged Junkie 28 Sep 2018 10:44 Cirrus Hand Prop Gone Wrong - Iowa - 9/18/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 313
- by Chris Thomas 28 Aug 2018 13:33 One Design View the latest post Replies 12 Views 7581
- by One Winged Junkie 11 Aug 2018 09:09 Horizon employee steals Q400 and does aerobatics View the latest post Replies 1 Views 868
- by One Winged Junkie 10 Aug 2018 13:54 Alliance Air Falcon 20 - (TX Operator) Querétaro Airport (QRO/MMQT) View the latest post Replies 1 Views 877
The National Transportation Safety Board is an independent Federal agency charged by Congress with investigating every civil aviation accident the United States. The NTSB determines the probable cause of the accidents and issues safety recommendations aimed at preventing future accidents. In addition, the NTSB carries out special studies concerning transportation safety and coordinates the resources of the Federal Government and other organizations to provide assistance to victims and their family members impacted by major transportation disasters.
- monoplaneforum111.JPG (21.78 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
- monoplaneforum12.jpg (30.49 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
- monoplaneforum4.jpg (26.79 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
- monoplaneforum3.jpg (39.59 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
- monoplaneforum2.jpg (27.3 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
- monoplaneforum1.jpg (42.15 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
- monoplaneforum.jpg (77.07 KiB) Viewed 1041 times