- by One Winged Junkie Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:09 am Horizon employee steals Q400 and does aerobatics View the latest post Replies 1 Views 134
- by One Winged Junkie Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:54 pm Alliance Air Falcon 20 - (TX Operator) Querétaro Airport (QRO/MMQT) View the latest post Replies 1 Views 150
- by SHIPCHIEF Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:27 pm M9F Magneto View the latest post Replies 5 Views 313
- by One Winged Junkie Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:54 pm Convair 340 Pretoria S.Africa, 19 Injured, 1 Fatal 7/10/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 202
- by One Winged Junkie Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:11 am Another crash with Dean Aviation 4 fatal - Miami View the latest post Replies 1 Views 207
- by One Winged Junkie Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:09 am Another crash 4 fatal - Dean Aviation - Miami View the latest post Replies 1 Views 187
The National Transportation Safety Board is an independent Federal agency charged by Congress with investigating every civil aviation accident the United States. The NTSB determines the probable cause of the accidents and issues safety recommendations aimed at preventing future accidents. In addition, the NTSB carries out special studies concerning transportation safety and coordinates the resources of the Federal Government and other organizations to provide assistance to victims and their family members impacted by major transportation disasters.
https://fearoflanding.com/accidents/acc ... in-mojave/
On the 13th of May in 2016, a Seguin Quickie, registration N68TQ, crashed in Mojave, CA. If you don’t recognise the aircraft type, that’s because there’s only one in existence. Or was.
The Seguin Quickie was an experimental amateur-built kit plane: a single-seater composite aircraft. It was designed and constructed for air racing by commercial pilot Elliot Seguin, who worked as a professional test pilot for a general aviation aircraft manufacturer, and his colleague Justin Gillen.
This crash is incredibly well documented because, in addition to the NTSB report, there is also the Twerp Report which has been made available by Elliot Seguin. Smithsonian’s Air & Space magazine published a feature in June called Elliot and Justin’s DIY Jet full of details and with in-depth interviews of the men. Finally, the test flight was being filmed for Red Bull TV and the footage of the crash has been published online. The video, newly released, is what drew my attention to this accident.
- monoplaneforum.png (459.53 KiB) Viewed 951 times
- monoplaneforum.jpg (38.72 KiB) Viewed 952 times