http://www.wbaltv.com/article/small-pla ... 0/13518282
About 1530 local, a Tobago crash landed on the off ramp from eastbound US Rt. 50 that exits to Riva Road and MD Rt 2 South.
The plane had departed Tifton Airfield at Fort Meade and developed engine problems and lost power. Too far to make Lee Airport and over a very populated area, he did a beautiful job of landing on the off ramp where it merges into the I-97 off ramp.
Pilot and two children were checked at the scene, just some bumps and bruises from when they hit the guardrail. Will post some video as soon as it comes up, plane is being loaded on a flatbed.
- by One Winged Junkie Tue May 22, 2018 3:54 pm Gulfstream G200 TGU/MHTG, Honduras5/22/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 14
- by One Winged Junkie Fri May 18, 2018 10:09 am FS: LYCOMING IO-540K-1A5D IN CRATE • $17,500 View the latest post Replies 3 Views 1022
- by One Winged Junkie Tue May 08, 2018 1:19 pm PC-12 in the swamp - São Paulo - Brazil - 5/1/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 67
- by One Winged Junkie Tue May 08, 2018 1:15 pm Citabria - Andover-Aeroflex (12N) - 4/24/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 61
- by One Winged Junkie Sun May 06, 2018 5:50 pm FS: 1999 Yak 52W "AV8OR" View the latest post Replies 1 Views 696
- by One Winged Junkie Thu May 03, 2018 7:37 am C-130 - Savannah, GA View the latest post Replies 1 Views 845
The National Transportation Safety Board is an independent Federal agency charged by Congress with investigating every civil aviation accident the United States. The NTSB determines the probable cause of the accidents and issues safety recommendations aimed at preventing future accidents. In addition, the NTSB carries out special studies concerning transportation safety and coordinates the resources of the Federal Government and other organizations to provide assistance to victims and their family members impacted by major transportation disasters.