http://www.wbaltv.com/article/small-pla ... 0/13518282
About 1530 local, a Tobago crash landed on the off ramp from eastbound US Rt. 50 that exits to Riva Road and MD Rt 2 South.
The plane had departed Tifton Airfield at Fort Meade and developed engine problems and lost power. Too far to make Lee Airport and over a very populated area, he did a beautiful job of landing on the off ramp where it merges into the I-97 off ramp.
Pilot and two children were checked at the scene, just some bumps and bruises from when they hit the guardrail. Will post some video as soon as it comes up, plane is being loaded on a flatbed.
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:46 am FS: One Design DR107 - $47,500 - 5/14/17 View the latest post Replies 3 Views 1118
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:56 am FS:YAK 52TW View the latest post Replies 1 Views 35
- by One Winged Junkie Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:52 pm Yakovlev Yak-130 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 53
- by One Winged Junkie Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:42 pm FS: IO540K1B5 $9,500 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 49
- by One Winged Junkie Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:41 pm FS: LYCOMING IO540 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 50
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:34 am FS: YAK 11 PARTS View the latest post Replies 1 Views 90
The National Transportation Safety Board is an independent Federal agency charged by Congress with investigating every civil aviation accident the United States. The NTSB determines the probable cause of the accidents and issues safety recommendations aimed at preventing future accidents. In addition, the NTSB carries out special studies concerning transportation safety and coordinates the resources of the Federal Government and other organizations to provide assistance to victims and their family members impacted by major transportation disasters.