Time: 09:40 LT
Owner/operator: Russian Air Force / Krasnodar Higher Aviation school
C/n / msn:
Fatalities: Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 2
Other fatalities: 0
Airplane damage: Written off (damaged beyond repair)
Location: Near Borisoglebsk in Voronezh Region - Russia
Phase: En route
Departure airport: Borisoglebsk East AFB (XUOB)
Destination airport: Borisoglebsk East AFB (XUOB)
The military trainer jet crashed after a technical malfunction during a training flight. Both pilots ejected safely.
A Russian military Yakovlev Yak-130 jet has crashed in eastern Russia, 600 kilometers from Moscow. No casualties have been reported, according to Russian Defense Ministry.
On Thursday morning, the plane – known under NATO classification as Mitten – went down during a training flight in the city of Borisoglebsk in Voronezh Region, eastern Russia. Both pilots ejected after noticing a mid-flight malfunction and landed safely.
The plane crashed in a deserted location and no damage was reported. The jet belongs to the training base of the Krasnodar Higher Military Aviation School.
https://news.rambler.ru/troops/39597716 ... -130-dose/
http://vestivrn.ru/novosti/ochevidtsyi- ... 4-12_16-35
- by drewhbennett10 Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:17 am SR-300 - Aircraft Plans - Ray Mort - AVT Engineering View the latest post Replies 1 Views 3
- by One Winged Junkie Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:15 pm FS: LUSCOMBE 8E/F View the latest post Replies 1 Views 55
- by One Winged Junkie Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:34 pm A340 on fire - Frankfurt - 6/11/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 60
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:02 am CE: 421B - 6/5/18 - (MYER), South Eleuthera, Bahamas View the latest post Replies 1 Views 64
- by mbouwser23 Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:26 am One Design Located in NC View the latest post Replies 1 Views 75
- by Upsidedown Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:15 pm Whirlwind propeller shake View the latest post Replies 14 Views 5506
The National Transportation Safety Board is an independent Federal agency charged by Congress with investigating every civil aviation accident the United States. The NTSB determines the probable cause of the accidents and issues safety recommendations aimed at preventing future accidents. In addition, the NTSB carries out special studies concerning transportation safety and coordinates the resources of the Federal Government and other organizations to provide assistance to victims and their family members impacted by major transportation disasters.