- by One Winged Junkie Tue May 22, 2018 3:54 pm Gulfstream G200 TGU/MHTG, Honduras5/22/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 35
- by One Winged Junkie Fri May 18, 2018 10:09 am FS: LYCOMING IO-540K-1A5D IN CRATE • $17,500 View the latest post Replies 3 Views 1043
- by One Winged Junkie Tue May 08, 2018 1:19 pm PC-12 in the swamp - São Paulo - Brazil - 5/1/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 84
- by One Winged Junkie Tue May 08, 2018 1:15 pm Citabria - Andover-Aeroflex (12N) - 4/24/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 77
- by One Winged Junkie Sun May 06, 2018 5:50 pm FS: 1999 Yak 52W "AV8OR" View the latest post Replies 1 Views 708
- by One Winged Junkie Thu May 03, 2018 7:37 am C-130 - Savannah, GA View the latest post Replies 1 Views 862
The National Transportation Safety Board is an independent Federal agency charged by Congress with investigating every civil aviation accident the United States. The NTSB determines the probable cause of the accidents and issues safety recommendations aimed at preventing future accidents. In addition, the NTSB carries out special studies concerning transportation safety and coordinates the resources of the Federal Government and other organizations to provide assistance to victims and their family members impacted by major transportation disasters.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/03/us/milit ... index.html
(CNN)The military is investigating why an aging cargo plane making its final military flight nosedived into a Georgia highway on Wednesday, killing all nine people on board.
The Puerto Rico Air National Guard WC-130 was flying from Savannah, Georgia, to Tucson, Arizona, where it was to be decommissioned. The plane involved in Wednesday's crash was at least 50 years old, according to an official familiar with the aircraft.
"Nine crew members died in the accident, but until their families and relatives are notified, we cannot give their names," said Brigadier General Isabelo Rivera, the assistant general of Puerto Rico.
All were from Puerto Rico, officials said. The investigation, which is underway, is being carried out by the National Guard Bureau and the Air Force, he said. The National Transportation Safety Board will not be involved, according to a statement from the Chatham County Board of Commissioners.
The crash occurred moments after takeoff near Hilton Head Airport in Savannah, Georgia, Rivera said. There were no injuries on the ground.
- monoplaneforum.jpg (297.32 KiB) Viewed 859 times