- by Yakass55 15 Nov 2018 16:38 Paging shipchief View the latest post Replies 4 Views 414
- by One Winged Junkie 14 Nov 2018 23:00 “I’m about to die” - BE58 drops 8000 feet in ice, damaged View the latest post Replies 1 Views 33
- by Wedgero 31 Oct 2018 09:53 Laser 200 not covered by falcon insurance? View the latest post Replies 3 Views 1540
- by One Winged Junkie 28 Sep 2018 10:44 Cirrus Hand Prop Gone Wrong - Iowa - 9/18/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 520
- by Chris Thomas 28 Aug 2018 13:33 One Design View the latest post Replies 12 Views 7824
- by One Winged Junkie 11 Aug 2018 09:09 Horizon employee steals Q400 and does aerobatics View the latest post Replies 1 Views 1094
The National Transportation Safety Board is an independent Federal agency charged by Congress with investigating every civil aviation accident the United States. The NTSB determines the probable cause of the accidents and issues safety recommendations aimed at preventing future accidents. In addition, the NTSB carries out special studies concerning transportation safety and coordinates the resources of the Federal Government and other organizations to provide assistance to victims and their family members impacted by major transportation disasters.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/03/us/milit ... index.html
(CNN)The military is investigating why an aging cargo plane making its final military flight nosedived into a Georgia highway on Wednesday, killing all nine people on board.
The Puerto Rico Air National Guard WC-130 was flying from Savannah, Georgia, to Tucson, Arizona, where it was to be decommissioned. The plane involved in Wednesday's crash was at least 50 years old, according to an official familiar with the aircraft.
"Nine crew members died in the accident, but until their families and relatives are notified, we cannot give their names," said Brigadier General Isabelo Rivera, the assistant general of Puerto Rico.
All were from Puerto Rico, officials said. The investigation, which is underway, is being carried out by the National Guard Bureau and the Air Force, he said. The National Transportation Safety Board will not be involved, according to a statement from the Chatham County Board of Commissioners.
The crash occurred moments after takeoff near Hilton Head Airport in Savannah, Georgia, Rivera said. There were no injuries on the ground.
- monoplaneforum.jpg (297.32 KiB) Viewed 1220 times