- by One Winged Junkie Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:09 am Another crash 4 fatal - Dean Aviation - Miami View the latest post Replies 1 Views 6
- by Upsidedown Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:07 am Whirlwind propeller shake View the latest post Replies 16 Views 6430
- by davevon Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:42 pm LASER IAS View the latest post Replies 3 Views 1649
- by drewhbennett10 Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:17 am SR-300 - Aircraft Plans - Ray Mort - AVT Engineering View the latest post Replies 1 Views 104
- by One Winged Junkie Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:15 pm FS: LUSCOMBE 8E/F View the latest post Replies 1 Views 471
The National Transportation Safety Board is an independent Federal agency charged by Congress with investigating every civil aviation accident the United States. The NTSB determines the probable cause of the accidents and issues safety recommendations aimed at preventing future accidents. In addition, the NTSB carries out special studies concerning transportation safety and coordinates the resources of the Federal Government and other organizations to provide assistance to victims and their family members impacted by major transportation disasters.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/06/02/ ... ng-island/
AMAGANSETT, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) – At least two people were killed when a small plane crashed Saturday off the coast of Long Island.
The U.S. Coast Guard said the Piper PA31 Navajo aircraft went down around 3 p.m., approximately one mile off the shore of Indian Wells Beach in the Amagansett section of East Hampton.
Four people were on board at the time. Two bodies were recovered from the water, two others were still missing late Saturday night.
“We’re going to continue to search, Coast Guard’s going to continue to search, they have their 87-foot Coast Guard cutters out there, along with two other boats and then our vessels are also searching,” East Hampton Police Lt. John Claflin said.