Repairs, Upgrades and things to look for.

The Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum credits the Laser 200 for bringing about a new generation of aerobatic aircraft
boosted180
MPF Rising Star

Re: Repairs, Upgrades and things to look for.

Post by boosted180 » 01 Feb 2019 00:04

Thanks Dave. I'll measure everything, weigh the plane and also put some plumb bobs to get some accurate measurements and determine MAC and CG in the next few weeks. I only have half a day in Ft. Lauderdale before we get on our cruise, so I guess we wont be able to meet up next week. I just thought if you happen to be in or near Ft. Lauderdale, we could meet up, but it's ok.

I had a chance to fly again last weekend, and I guess it's not as bad as I thought (but still definitely lots of room for improvement). My main complaint the lack of precision on the roll axis - there's too much inertia and difficult to stop rolls in a crisp manner. Point rolls are very hard to do well - in fact even my RV4 does better point rolls. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the fact that it's a new airplane to me and over time I'll learn to fly it better. Although on the other hand, I have had very little time in the Pitts and Extra and those right off the bat definitely felt better and less lethargic on rolls.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic