• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

How-To: Attachments, Notifications & More

One Winged Junkie
Your Friendly Moderator

How-To: Attachments, Notifications & More

Post by One Winged Junkie » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:57 am

Hi all,

I received an email today from a member because he was unsure on how to post attachments so I thought to make this quick tutorial.

Posting Attachments (PDF's, Pics, etc.)
When posting a new topic, or replying to a topic, just below the place where you write the message you will see two 'tabs'. One is labeled 'options', and the other is labeled 'attachments`. To upload an attachment in your post, click on the 'attachments' tab. Then you click 'add files'. That's it! Create your message and you are finished.

Notification to reply of a topic
By default this is turned off. You have the ability to turn notifications on for all topics, or have the option to turn notifications on by a per-topic basis.

To turn notifications on for one topic only: When posting a new topic, or replying to a topic, just below the place where you write the message you will see two 'tabs'. One is labeled 'options', and the other is labeled 'attachments`. Click 'options', then make a check next to 'notify me when a reply is posted.

To turn on notifications by default for all topics subscribed or replied to:
At the very top of the forum you will see 'notifications', with a bell next to it. If you are on a mobile device or PDA, you will only see a bell. Click 'notifications' or the 'bell symbol' and when the box opens you will see 'settings' on the top right of the box. Go to 'board preferences' tab, and then, 'edit posting defaults'. Select 'notify me upon replies by default'. Doing this will automatically send you replies to any topics subscribed or posted in.

To embed video:
When creating a topic or replying to one. Look for the toolbar above the message, look for the Image icon, click on this and you can embed any of over 75 different formats with just the click of a button.