- by Chris Thomas 28 Aug 2018 13:33 One Design View the latest post Replies 12 Views 6732
- by One Winged Junkie 11 Aug 2018 09:09 Horizon employee steals Q400 and does aerobatics View the latest post Replies 1 Views 432
- by One Winged Junkie 10 Aug 2018 13:54 Alliance Air Falcon 20 - (TX Operator) Querétaro Airport (QRO/MMQT) View the latest post Replies 1 Views 449
- by SHIPCHIEF 22 Jul 2018 18:27 M9F Magneto View the latest post Replies 5 Views 656
- by One Winged Junkie 22 Jul 2018 17:54 Convair 340 Pretoria S.Africa, 19 Injured, 1 Fatal 7/10/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 491
- by One Winged Junkie 19 Jul 2018 08:11 Another crash with Dean Aviation 4 fatal - Miami View the latest post Replies 1 Views 510
I really like this quote from wiki.. "The resulting design, the Yakovlev Yak-55, was a single-engined all-metal cantilever monoplane. The aircraft's wing is mounted midway up the fuselage and is of thick, symmetrical section to aid inverted flight"
I removed this 22.5 pound generator and installed a 2.9 pound B&C mini 10 amp alternator.
I've already shaved about 10 pounds switching to LiFePO4 batteries and the cooling gills are off.
I hope to eventually have the lightest Yak55M
There are several heavy components just above the wing spar and a bunch of unused wire in massive bundles sleeved tapped & tied together. I hope to thin this extra weight out over the winter.
- IMG_20170806_135421.jpg (1.89 MiB) Viewed 1262 times