- by One Winged Junkie 14 Nov 2018 23:00 “I’m about to die” - BE58 drops 8000 feet in ice, damaged View the latest post Replies 1 Views 6
- by SHIPCHIEF 04 Nov 2018 13:17 Paging shipchief View the latest post Replies 3 Views 211
- by Wedgero 31 Oct 2018 09:53 Laser 200 not covered by falcon insurance? View the latest post Replies 3 Views 1364
- by One Winged Junkie 28 Sep 2018 10:44 Cirrus Hand Prop Gone Wrong - Iowa - 9/18/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 322
- by Chris Thomas 28 Aug 2018 13:33 One Design View the latest post Replies 12 Views 7590
- by One Winged Junkie 11 Aug 2018 09:09 Horizon employee steals Q400 and does aerobatics View the latest post Replies 1 Views 882
I really like this quote from wiki.. "The resulting design, the Yakovlev Yak-55, was a single-engined all-metal cantilever monoplane. The aircraft's wing is mounted midway up the fuselage and is of thick, symmetrical section to aid inverted flight"
I removed this 22.5 pound generator and installed a 2.9 pound B&C mini 10 amp alternator.
I've already shaved about 10 pounds switching to LiFePO4 batteries and the cooling gills are off.
I hope to eventually have the lightest Yak55M
There are several heavy components just above the wing spar and a bunch of unused wire in massive bundles sleeved tapped & tied together. I hope to thin this extra weight out over the winter.
- IMG_20170806_135421.jpg (1.89 MiB) Viewed 1378 times