- by SHIPCHIEF Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:04 am Laser 200 not covered by falcon insurance? View the latest post Replies 2 Views 30
- by SHIPCHIEF Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:34 pm IAC competition in YAK-55 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 22
- by maja123 Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:26 am Little oil in filter during change View the latest post Replies 2 Views 818
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:03 pm Generator upgrade View the latest post Replies 2 Views 88
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:22 pm Dash cam footage - Texas, usa Cessna 152/172? 8/1/17 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 62
- by One Winged Junkie Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:19 pm Air Canada Flight 759 - 7/7/17 View the latest post Replies 2 Views 83
I really like this quote from wiki.. "The resulting design, the Yakovlev Yak-55, was a single-engined all-metal cantilever monoplane. The aircraft's wing is mounted midway up the fuselage and is of thick, symmetrical section to aid inverted flight"
I removed this 22.5 pound generator and installed a 2.9 pound B&C mini 10 amp alternator.
I've already shaved about 10 pounds switching to LiFePO4 batteries and the cooling gills are off.
I hope to eventually have the lightest Yak55M
There are several heavy components just above the wing spar and a bunch of unused wire in massive bundles sleeved tapped & tied together. I hope to thin this extra weight out over the winter.
- IMG_20170806_135421.jpg (1.89 MiB) Viewed 87 times