- by JohnnyDil Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:59 am 17 year old boy escapes 737 View the latest post Replies 2 Views 743
- by youngman1 Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:41 am Whirlwind propeller shake View the latest post Replies 13 Views 1732
- by youngman1 Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:40 am Laser Z-200 Wing Repair Project View the latest post Replies 1 Views 333
- by One Winged Junkie Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:21 pm C90 crash KRFD, 4 seriously injured View the latest post Replies 1 Views 446
- by MonoPlaneForum Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:36 am FS: YAK-55 SIGHTING DEVICES View the latest post Replies 1 Views 454
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:47 am FS: BLADES FOR THE YAK View the latest post Replies 1 Views 473
I really like this quote from wiki.. "The resulting design, the Yakovlev Yak-55, was a single-engined all-metal cantilever monoplane. The aircraft's wing is mounted midway up the fuselage and is of thick, symmetrical section to aid inverted flight"
I removed this 22.5 pound generator and installed a 2.9 pound B&C mini 10 amp alternator.
I've already shaved about 10 pounds switching to LiFePO4 batteries and the cooling gills are off.
I hope to eventually have the lightest Yak55M
There are several heavy components just above the wing spar and a bunch of unused wire in massive bundles sleeved tapped & tied together. I hope to thin this extra weight out over the winter.
- IMG_20170806_135421.jpg (1.89 MiB) Viewed 556 times