- by One Winged Junkie Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:13 pm IO 540 K1E5 300HP 2458 SNEW View the latest post Replies 3 Views 305
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:10 am ACK E-04 ELT 406/121.5 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 45
- by Guicensoni Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:02 am Whirlwind propeller shake View the latest post Replies 6 Views 202
- by One Winged Junkie Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:56 pm Close call Atlas 747-8 HKG September 24th View the latest post Replies 1 Views 85
- by One Winged Junkie Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:26 pm Air France 66- A380 engine failure mid flight View the latest post Replies 1 Views 77
- by Slick540 Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:32 am IAC competition in YAK-55 View the latest post Replies 2 Views 346
I really like this quote from wiki.. "The resulting design, the Yakovlev Yak-55, was a single-engined all-metal cantilever monoplane. The aircraft's wing is mounted midway up the fuselage and is of thick, symmetrical section to aid inverted flight"
I removed this 22.5 pound generator and installed a 2.9 pound B&C mini 10 amp alternator.
I've already shaved about 10 pounds switching to LiFePO4 batteries and the cooling gills are off.
I hope to eventually have the lightest Yak55M
There are several heavy components just above the wing spar and a bunch of unused wire in massive bundles sleeved tapped & tied together. I hope to thin this extra weight out over the winter.
- IMG_20170806_135421.jpg (1.89 MiB) Viewed 315 times