http://www.euronews.com/2012/11/28/smal ... art-safety (video)
https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all ... ng-in-2016
https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all ... and-system
Diamond Aircraft reports that it has successfully demonstrated a fly-by-wire auto-land system in its DA42 four-seat twin. The fully autonomous system has been in the works since at least 2012, when AOPA first reported on it. The system, which Diamond once dubbed an “electronic parachute,” is designed as an emergency backup in situations such as pilot incapacitation or engine failure. The system can be activated by either the pilot or the airplane. For example, if the airplane’s software detects that the airplane is nearing its destination but there have been no pilot inputs, the auto-land kicks in.
- by One Winged Junkie Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:13 pm IO 540 K1E5 300HP 2458 SNEW View the latest post Replies 3 Views 322
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:10 am ACK E-04 ELT 406/121.5 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 55
- by Guicensoni Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:02 am Whirlwind propeller shake View the latest post Replies 6 Views 215
- by One Winged Junkie Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:56 pm Close call Atlas 747-8 HKG September 24th View the latest post Replies 1 Views 97
- by One Winged Junkie Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:26 pm Air France 66- A380 engine failure mid flight View the latest post Replies 1 Views 87
- by Slick540 Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:32 am IAC competition in YAK-55 View the latest post Replies 2 Views 362
Post your random videos, articles or anything aviation related here.