http://m.sfgate.com/crime/article/Offic ... er-desktop
A 747 jumbo jet preparing to land on runway 28L can be seen from the new air traffic control tower at SFO in San Francisco, Calif. on Wednesday, Oct. 28, 2015.
A 17-year-old boy opened an emergency exit door of a Boeing 737, stepped out onto the wing and jumped to the runway after the jumbo jet landed at San Francisco International Airport Tuesday afternoon, officials said.
It was not immediately clear why the boy on a flight that originated in Panama City pushed open the weighted emergency exit door of the Copa Airlines flight, officials said.
The boy had been seated in an emergency exit row on Flight 208, according to the airline. He opened the door and slid down the wing to the tarmac just minutes after landing around 2:30 p.m., while the plane was still taxiing on the runway.
A flight crew member closed the exit door and the plane was able to pull into its gate, where passengers filed out without further incident, the airline said.
After jumping off the aircraft, the teenager was first apprehended by a construction crew on the airfield then detained by San Francisco police, Doug Yakel, a spokesman for SFO, said in a statement. The boy was later transferred to the custody of federal investigators.
- by youngman1 Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:41 am Whirlwind propeller shake View the latest post Replies 13 Views 1201
- by youngman1 Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:40 am Laser Z-200 Wing Repair Project View the latest post Replies 1 Views 71
- by One Winged Junkie Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:21 pm C90 crash KRFD, 4 seriously injured View the latest post Replies 1 Views 185
- by MonoPlaneForum Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:36 am FS: YAK-55 SIGHTING DEVICES View the latest post Replies 1 Views 178
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:47 am FS: BLADES FOR THE YAK View the latest post Replies 1 Views 188
- by MonoPlaneForum Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:30 pm FS: YAKOVLEV YAK 52 $8500 (Crashed) 11/27/17 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 189
Post your random videos, articles or anything aviation related here.