http://m.sfgate.com/crime/article/Offic ... er-desktop
A 747 jumbo jet preparing to land on runway 28L can be seen from the new air traffic control tower at SFO in San Francisco, Calif. on Wednesday, Oct. 28, 2015.
A 17-year-old boy opened an emergency exit door of a Boeing 737, stepped out onto the wing and jumped to the runway after the jumbo jet landed at San Francisco International Airport Tuesday afternoon, officials said.
It was not immediately clear why the boy on a flight that originated in Panama City pushed open the weighted emergency exit door of the Copa Airlines flight, officials said.
The boy had been seated in an emergency exit row on Flight 208, according to the airline. He opened the door and slid down the wing to the tarmac just minutes after landing around 2:30 p.m., while the plane was still taxiing on the runway.
A flight crew member closed the exit door and the plane was able to pull into its gate, where passengers filed out without further incident, the airline said.
After jumping off the aircraft, the teenager was first apprehended by a construction crew on the airfield then detained by San Francisco police, Doug Yakel, a spokesman for SFO, said in a statement. The boy was later transferred to the custody of federal investigators.
- by SHIPCHIEF Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:04 am Laser 200 not covered by falcon insurance? View the latest post Replies 2 Views 30
- by SHIPCHIEF Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:34 pm IAC competition in YAK-55 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 22
- by maja123 Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:26 am Little oil in filter during change View the latest post Replies 2 Views 820
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:03 pm Generator upgrade View the latest post Replies 2 Views 88
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:22 pm Dash cam footage - Texas, usa Cessna 152/172? 8/1/17 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 62
- by One Winged Junkie Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:19 pm Air Canada Flight 759 - 7/7/17 View the latest post Replies 2 Views 85
Post your random videos, articles or anything aviation related here.