http://www.reuters.com/article/us-turke ... BW2Q1?il=0
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... d-11216412
ANKARA (Reuters) - Istanbul’s main Ataturk airport was reopened to traffic on Thursday after a private jet crashed on the runway, causing authorities to suspend flights, the head of Turkish Airlines said on Twitter.
The jet, registered as TC-KON, crashed after reporting a malfunction as it was taking off, the state-run news agency Anadolu said. The flight was heading to the Ercan airport in northern Cyprus, Anadolu reported.
Police said the jet’s two pilots, a cabin crew member and a passenger were slightly injured in the crash.
The jet’s rear end was detached from the aircraft, with emergency teams and firefighters at the crash site, images from a Reuters photographer on the scene showed.
The jet had briefly burst into flames after crashing, causing traffic at the airport to be suspended, Anadolu said.
Turkish Airlines Chief Executive Bilal Eksi said both runways at the airport were now operational.
- by One Winged Junkie Tue May 22, 2018 3:54 pm Gulfstream G200 TGU/MHTG, Honduras5/22/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 14
- by One Winged Junkie Fri May 18, 2018 10:09 am FS: LYCOMING IO-540K-1A5D IN CRATE • $17,500 View the latest post Replies 3 Views 1022
- by One Winged Junkie Tue May 08, 2018 1:19 pm PC-12 in the swamp - São Paulo - Brazil - 5/1/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 68
- by One Winged Junkie Tue May 08, 2018 1:15 pm Citabria - Andover-Aeroflex (12N) - 4/24/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 62
- by One Winged Junkie Sun May 06, 2018 5:50 pm FS: 1999 Yak 52W "AV8OR" View the latest post Replies 1 Views 696
- by One Winged Junkie Thu May 03, 2018 7:37 am C-130 - Savannah, GA View the latest post Replies 1 Views 845
The National Transportation Safety Board is an independent Federal agency charged by Congress with investigating every civil aviation accident the United States. The NTSB determines the probable cause of the accidents and issues safety recommendations aimed at preventing future accidents. In addition, the NTSB carries out special studies concerning transportation safety and coordinates the resources of the Federal Government and other organizations to provide assistance to victims and their family members impacted by major transportation disasters.
- monoplaneforum111.JPG (21.78 KiB) Viewed 690 times
- monoplaneforum12.jpg (30.49 KiB) Viewed 690 times
- monoplaneforum4.jpg (26.79 KiB) Viewed 690 times
- monoplaneforum3.jpg (39.59 KiB) Viewed 690 times
- monoplaneforum2.jpg (27.3 KiB) Viewed 690 times
- monoplaneforum1.jpg (42.15 KiB) Viewed 690 times
- monoplaneforum.jpg (77.07 KiB) Viewed 690 times