- by Upsidedown Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:07 am Whirlwind propeller shake View the latest post Replies 16 Views 6166
- by davevon Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:42 pm LASER IAS View the latest post Replies 3 Views 1611
- by drewhbennett10 Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:17 am SR-300 - Aircraft Plans - Ray Mort - AVT Engineering View the latest post Replies 1 Views 94
- by One Winged Junkie Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:15 pm FS: LUSCOMBE 8E/F View the latest post Replies 1 Views 320
- by One Winged Junkie Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:34 pm A340 on fire - Frankfurt - 6/11/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 315
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:02 am CE: 421B - 6/5/18 - (MYER), South Eleuthera, Bahamas View the latest post Replies 1 Views 322
The National Transportation Safety Board is an independent Federal agency charged by Congress with investigating every civil aviation accident the United States. The NTSB determines the probable cause of the accidents and issues safety recommendations aimed at preventing future accidents. In addition, the NTSB carries out special studies concerning transportation safety and coordinates the resources of the Federal Government and other organizations to provide assistance to victims and their family members impacted by major transportation disasters.
https://fearoflanding.com/accidents/acc ... in-mojave/
On the 13th of May in 2016, a Seguin Quickie, registration N68TQ, crashed in Mojave, CA. If you don’t recognise the aircraft type, that’s because there’s only one in existence. Or was.
The Seguin Quickie was an experimental amateur-built kit plane: a single-seater composite aircraft. It was designed and constructed for air racing by commercial pilot Elliot Seguin, who worked as a professional test pilot for a general aviation aircraft manufacturer, and his colleague Justin Gillen.
This crash is incredibly well documented because, in addition to the NTSB report, there is also the Twerp Report which has been made available by Elliot Seguin. Smithsonian’s Air & Space magazine published a feature in June called Elliot and Justin’s DIY Jet full of details and with in-depth interviews of the men. Finally, the test flight was being filmed for Red Bull TV and the footage of the crash has been published online. The video, newly released, is what drew my attention to this accident.
- monoplaneforum.png (459.53 KiB) Viewed 860 times
- monoplaneforum.jpg (38.72 KiB) Viewed 861 times