Extra Question

Established in the 1980's as Extra Flugzeugbau in Germany by Walter Extra.
Post Reply
Anthony-NYC
MPF Rising Star
Posts: 16
Joined: 02 Sep 2016 10:00

Extra Question

Post by Anthony-NYC » 03 Sep 2016 00:07

I know some of the Extras were experimental and some certified. Can someone tell me which ones were certified and which ones were experimental?

Grant
Posts: 1
Joined: 02 Sep 2016 01:03

Re: Extra Question

Post by Grant » 07 Sep 2016 02:01

All 230s and I think 260s are experimental. I think all other types have experimental and certified versions.

Anthony-NYC
MPF Rising Star
Posts: 16
Joined: 02 Sep 2016 10:00

Re: Extra Question

Post by Anthony-NYC » 07 Sep 2016 04:36

Grant wrote:All 230s and I think 260s are experimental. I think all other types have experimental and certified versions.
Thanks for the info. I could not find much online about the experimental versions.

CFI A&P
Posts: 1
Joined: 07 Sep 2016 22:58

Re: Extra Question

Post by CFI A&P » 07 Sep 2016 23:11

Anthony-NYC wrote:
Grant wrote:All 230s and I think 260s are experimental. I think all other types have experimental and certified versions.
Thanks for the info. I could not find much online about the experimental versions.
The easy way to find out what is not in the experimental category is to look at the type certificate.

http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guida ... Rev_12.pdf

Anthony-NYC
MPF Rising Star
Posts: 16
Joined: 02 Sep 2016 10:00

Re: Extra Question

Post by Anthony-NYC » 08 Sep 2016 01:32

CFI A&P wrote:
Anthony-NYC wrote:
Grant wrote:All 230s and I think 260s are experimental. I think all other types have experimental and certified versions.
Thanks for the info. I could not find much online about the experimental versions.
The easy way to find out what is not in the experimental category is to look at the type certificate.

http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guida ... Rev_12.pdf
Very good, I should have know this thanks..

Maciej
Posts: 1
Joined: 03 Sep 2016 10:42

Re: Extra Question

Post by Maciej » 16 Sep 2016 02:42

Anthony-NYC wrote:
Grant wrote:All 230s and I think 260s are experimental. I think all other types have experimental and certified versions.
Thanks for the info. I could not find much online about the experimental versions.
Also, remember, it didn't necessarily have to start out as experimental, it could have very well started out certified and then modified ending up in the experimental exhibition category. One of the mid-wings I've been looking at falls into that category.

Maxu
MPF Rising Star
Posts: 11
Joined: 02 Sep 2016 00:26

Re: Extra Question

Post by Maxu » 16 Sep 2016 12:47

Maciej wrote:Also, remember, it didn't necessarily have to start out as experimental, it could have very well started out certified and then modified ending up in the experimental exhibition category. One of the mid-wings I've been looking at falls into that category.
That´s exactly what happened to our "330XS". It started out as a certified 300S, but later got updated with a larger rudder, modified elevator and an AEIO-580 and is now registered as an experimental (in Germany however).

Post Reply