http://www.wbaltv.com/article/small-pla ... 0/13518282
About 1530 local, a Tobago crash landed on the off ramp from eastbound US Rt. 50 that exits to Riva Road and MD Rt 2 South.
The plane had departed Tifton Airfield at Fort Meade and developed engine problems and lost power. Too far to make Lee Airport and over a very populated area, he did a beautiful job of landing on the off ramp where it merges into the I-97 off ramp.
Pilot and two children were checked at the scene, just some bumps and bruises from when they hit the guardrail. Will post some video as soon as it comes up, plane is being loaded on a flatbed.
- by Upsidedown Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:07 am Whirlwind propeller shake View the latest post Replies 16 Views 6166
- by davevon Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:42 pm LASER IAS View the latest post Replies 3 Views 1611
- by drewhbennett10 Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:17 am SR-300 - Aircraft Plans - Ray Mort - AVT Engineering View the latest post Replies 1 Views 94
- by One Winged Junkie Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:15 pm FS: LUSCOMBE 8E/F View the latest post Replies 1 Views 320
- by One Winged Junkie Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:34 pm A340 on fire - Frankfurt - 6/11/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 315
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:02 am CE: 421B - 6/5/18 - (MYER), South Eleuthera, Bahamas View the latest post Replies 1 Views 322
The National Transportation Safety Board is an independent Federal agency charged by Congress with investigating every civil aviation accident the United States. The NTSB determines the probable cause of the accidents and issues safety recommendations aimed at preventing future accidents. In addition, the NTSB carries out special studies concerning transportation safety and coordinates the resources of the Federal Government and other organizations to provide assistance to victims and their family members impacted by major transportation disasters.