- by Chris Thomas 28 Aug 2018 13:33 One Design View the latest post Replies 12 Views 6668
- by One Winged Junkie 11 Aug 2018 09:09 Horizon employee steals Q400 and does aerobatics View the latest post Replies 1 Views 403
- by One Winged Junkie 10 Aug 2018 13:54 Alliance Air Falcon 20 - (TX Operator) Querétaro Airport (QRO/MMQT) View the latest post Replies 1 Views 428
- by SHIPCHIEF 22 Jul 2018 18:27 M9F Magneto View the latest post Replies 5 Views 629
- by One Winged Junkie 22 Jul 2018 17:54 Convair 340 Pretoria S.Africa, 19 Injured, 1 Fatal 7/10/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 468
- by One Winged Junkie 19 Jul 2018 08:11 Another crash with Dean Aviation 4 fatal - Miami View the latest post Replies 1 Views 481
The National Transportation Safety Board is an independent Federal agency charged by Congress with investigating every civil aviation accident the United States. The NTSB determines the probable cause of the accidents and issues safety recommendations aimed at preventing future accidents. In addition, the NTSB carries out special studies concerning transportation safety and coordinates the resources of the Federal Government and other organizations to provide assistance to victims and their family members impacted by major transportation disasters.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/03/us/milit ... index.html
(CNN)The military is investigating why an aging cargo plane making its final military flight nosedived into a Georgia highway on Wednesday, killing all nine people on board.
The Puerto Rico Air National Guard WC-130 was flying from Savannah, Georgia, to Tucson, Arizona, where it was to be decommissioned. The plane involved in Wednesday's crash was at least 50 years old, according to an official familiar with the aircraft.
"Nine crew members died in the accident, but until their families and relatives are notified, we cannot give their names," said Brigadier General Isabelo Rivera, the assistant general of Puerto Rico.
All were from Puerto Rico, officials said. The investigation, which is underway, is being carried out by the National Guard Bureau and the Air Force, he said. The National Transportation Safety Board will not be involved, according to a statement from the Chatham County Board of Commissioners.
The crash occurred moments after takeoff near Hilton Head Airport in Savannah, Georgia, Rivera said. There were no injuries on the ground.
- monoplaneforum.jpg (297.32 KiB) Viewed 1117 times