- by Upsidedown Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:07 am Whirlwind propeller shake View the latest post Replies 16 Views 6167
- by davevon Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:42 pm LASER IAS View the latest post Replies 3 Views 1612
- by drewhbennett10 Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:17 am SR-300 - Aircraft Plans - Ray Mort - AVT Engineering View the latest post Replies 1 Views 94
- by One Winged Junkie Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:15 pm FS: LUSCOMBE 8E/F View the latest post Replies 1 Views 320
- by One Winged Junkie Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:34 pm A340 on fire - Frankfurt - 6/11/18 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 316
- by One Winged Junkie Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:02 am CE: 421B - 6/5/18 - (MYER), South Eleuthera, Bahamas View the latest post Replies 1 Views 322
The National Transportation Safety Board is an independent Federal agency charged by Congress with investigating every civil aviation accident the United States. The NTSB determines the probable cause of the accidents and issues safety recommendations aimed at preventing future accidents. In addition, the NTSB carries out special studies concerning transportation safety and coordinates the resources of the Federal Government and other organizations to provide assistance to victims and their family members impacted by major transportation disasters.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/03/us/milit ... index.html
(CNN)The military is investigating why an aging cargo plane making its final military flight nosedived into a Georgia highway on Wednesday, killing all nine people on board.
The Puerto Rico Air National Guard WC-130 was flying from Savannah, Georgia, to Tucson, Arizona, where it was to be decommissioned. The plane involved in Wednesday's crash was at least 50 years old, according to an official familiar with the aircraft.
"Nine crew members died in the accident, but until their families and relatives are notified, we cannot give their names," said Brigadier General Isabelo Rivera, the assistant general of Puerto Rico.
All were from Puerto Rico, officials said. The investigation, which is underway, is being carried out by the National Guard Bureau and the Air Force, he said. The National Transportation Safety Board will not be involved, according to a statement from the Chatham County Board of Commissioners.
The crash occurred moments after takeoff near Hilton Head Airport in Savannah, Georgia, Rivera said. There were no injuries on the ground.
- monoplaneforum.jpg (297.32 KiB) Viewed 975 times